SM&B’s weekly employment law news update including:
• The EAT hold that an employee was not under an express or implied duty to disclose allegations of sexual assault made against him whilst working for another employer.
• Acas have published on-line guidance on calculating statutory holiday pay highlighting that in addition to current legislation, a number of recent court judgments need to be taken into account.
• The Government has announced plans to double free childcare for working parents, with some families set to benefit as early as 2016.
• HM Courts and Tribunals Service and BIS have published The Employment Tribunals Rules of Procedure 2013 (as amended) which updates the original rules by incorporating amending legislation up to 17 February 2015.
• In an answer to a question asked by Caroline Lucas MP, the Government has confirmed that it is currently considering the options for a review of Employment Tribunal fees.