Simons Muirhead and Burton client, Dr Pluto’s first show Hey Tracey! will be coming to ITV2 this Monday 17th June....
SM&B are hiring! We are looking for a legal PA to join our Civil Litigation department. The department is close-knit and a great, fun team to work for and requires someone who shares their core values and work ethic. It will suit someone who is a team player, can hit the ground running and has 3-5 years’ experience within litigation.
The hours of work are 9.30am – 5.30pm and a full job spec is below.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications will only be considered from those who have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role within ligitation.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be responsible for aspects of the administrative and secretarial support work for the team. To work very closely with all members of the team in an efficient, proactive and professional manner, to understand workload, priorities and ensure best practice.
- Provide a professional, proactive and personable point of contact for external parties, particularly our clients.
- Duties to include the following administration and secretarial support, together with any other appropriate tasks that may be identified from time to time.
- General admin, such as file opening, billing and file closing etc.
- Occasional managemt of team members’ diaries and Outlook calendars. Organise various internal and external meetings, including room bookings, refreshments, IT equipment etc.
- Taking minutes of meetings when required.
- Manage telephone, voicemail, out of office and email messages for the team when they are not available, responding or redirecting as necessary.
- Coordinate and manage hospitality, expenses and conference calls for the team, as required.
- Proactively assist and manage the team’s IT queries/issues, to include liaison with internal IT support and if necessary, our external IT provider.
- Distribute documentation internally and externally, electronically or hard copy.
- Delegate large jobs to alternative sources.
- Ensure all team electronic and hard copy filing is managed in a timely and efficient manner, in strict accordance with firm procedures.
- Audio dictation.
- Assistance to fee earners with preparing Court bundles.
- Travel arrangements both within the UK and international.
- Assist with cover for Reception and other PAs/Secretaries during holidays. Support other PAs/Secretaries or teams during busy periods. Assist with setting up meeting rooms for large meetings and events.
- Professional, polite, proactive and well-mannered approach. Excellent interpersonal skills. High awareness of customer service principles and techniques and a natural ability to implement these, together with excellent customer service attitude.
- A high level of presentation for all documentation and a good command of written English, a high level of attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Experience of the office environment, procedures and good practice. Proactive and pragmatic approach with excellent team working ethos.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage workload, urgent requests and all deadlines.
- Highly organised, efficient, positive ‘can do’ attitude. Ability to prioritise, be flexible, adaptable and approachable. ‘Think outside the box’ and can work independently, without constant supervision. Able to undertake duties without instruction, using own initiative and prompts.
- Liaise and work with other PAs and Secretaries.
- A competent knowledge of a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel.
- Logical mind and good basic mathematical principle/knowledge would assist.
- Experience in producing correspondence, documents, working with spreadsheets and databases. Comply with standards and professional presentation at all times.
3-5 years experience within litigation or family essential.