Please see below a summary of the main issues discussed:
* Bystander training
* Whistleblowing / safe people / creating an environment where people can share and discuss any harassment issues confidentially
* Advice/support also needs to be provided to the accused
* Cultural change is the key
* We need to take a more proactive approach to preventing harassment at work.
* Any intervention (including training) should be delivered in the context of wider change, in itself no single intervention can be effective. We have to look at the bigger picture and make sure our efforts in terms of policy, practices, leadership, culture, communications and training are all aligned in their intent.
Click here to view speaker Makbool Javaid’s Powerpoint.